Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My First Day - Presidential Scholar Seytervin Seytgaziyev

My first day of college appeared to be exactly what I expected it to be because my older brother explained what it means to be a college student. Because I had some background knowledge about what I may experience, I attended my first day of school full of good spirit. I was slightly nervous because you're changing your environment, to a higher level of education and quality and so you have to respect it. To make my day even more difficult, the fact that I am a honor student adds even more weight to my shoulders.

In the morning, when I took my first steps into the Kingsborough campus, it was too crowded. The campus seemed as if everyone was walking purposefully and knew where they going. Being a freshman on his first day I didn't know where anything was located and ultimately became confused. Luckily I saw a staff member, passing by, and asked him where a certain class is located and if I was on time for the class. My first class, Critical Issues(Health), was similar to classes I saw in movies: students laying down on their desks with, professor sitting in front of the class and doing nothing but telling some random stories of his life. At first I got scared because, I feared all my classes would turn out like this one or worse. Afterwards, I realized that it was just the first day, the first class, and the first encounter - so I tried not to jump to conclusions. In general, my entire day was really interesting and I'm really excited about living the college life.

I'm proud of being a Presidential Scholar representative. This opportunity provides tools that maybe useful for the future in achieving success. Also, this program gives me the option of covering the parts of my schedule I don't have class with productive work. The Honor Lounge is another benefit of this program where students can relax while listening in on the waves break into the cool sand. The lounge also provides a convenient location for me to study and converse with my peers if I am having any issues in the school.

I was really excited about my first day in college. Although the work volume wasn't as much as I had expected, I had a great time exploring the place I'll spend my coming two years. Finally, this experience will hopefully lead me to say that I will never regret attending Kingsborough College, despite the opinions of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment